In the wake of Brexit, the UK refferendum vote to leave the EU, GEG's researchers have been involved in debates, interviews, and expert commentary. These include:
- Victoria Derbyshire (21 July, 2017) - Emily Jones was part of a panel discussing Brexit negotiations. Segment begins at 1:31:47.
- Making UK Trade Work for Development Post-Brexit (5 May, 2017) - Brexit has significant implications for UK trade with developing countries. GEG co-convened a workshop with the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxfam GB, Traidcraft, the Commonwealth Secretariat, and the Overseas Development Institute to tackle trade issues. You can find out more about the workshop, and read the report produced. This work was funded by an ESRC Impact Acceleration Award.
- Brexit and the Limits of Financial Power in the UK (29 May, 2017, GEG) - Scott James and Lucia Quaglia on the UK's financial sector and its role in Brexit
- We can't afford a bitter Euro-divorce (18 January, 2017, CapX) - Emily Jones says we must avoid petty point-scoring as we break from Europe
- Brexit: Legal Challenges and Opportunities (9 November, BSG) - Emily Jones and Jeremias Prassl Focusing on protecting trade agreements with developing countries post Brexit and the expected disappearance of European Jurisprudence from UK law.
- Brexit: Opportunity or peril for trade with small and poor developing economies? (26 July, International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development) - Emily Jones on Brexit and developing country trade relations.
- The past, present and future of globalisation: Brexit in one chart (22 July, Reaction) - Ivaylo Iaydjiev summarising the problem with globalisation in one smart graph.
- Building the Brexit Team (16 July, The Economist) - Dr Emily Jones is quoted in the article about Britain's need of a good negotiating team.
- What would make Brexit negotiations better? Here are 8 simple suggestions (15 July, New Statesman) - Dr Emily Jones lays out eight points to help negotiate a new trade deal with the EU
- Brexit shows globalisation needs a rethink (4 July, Reaction) - Dr Emily Jones assesses the new world order on trade.
- Brexit Britain - what now? (30 June, BSG) - An expert panel discuss the issues at stake post-referendum.
- Brexit negotiations: Four ways to get a good deal (29 June, BBC News Online) - Professor Ngaire Woods and GEG Director Dr Emily Jones write a piece highlighting four points to consider in successfully negotiating new trade agreements.
Watch the Brexit Britain debate here: